Saturday, April 01, 2006

Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes

It has been a while since I've updated this blog. Although it hasn't been due to a lack of cooking and baking on my part. It's more a matter of getting things done and this wasn't as high on the list as some other things. But I figure I'll try and start adding here semi regularly. Well, onto the food.

I woke up this morning and decided I wanted to make pancakes.
I looked through a few cookbooks for recipes, but they all seemed to serve eight people. Who cooks for eight at a time anymore? That's one problem I have with many cookbooks - the recipe serves way too many.

I rarely cook for more than myself or one other person. When it comes to things that are easily stored, it's not so much of an issue. But I do like to cook fresh food, so I'll often cut the recipe or simply experiment with one of my own.

This is pretty much one of those times where I went into the kitchen with a goal in mind and made it up on the spot. The result was a bit of a different texture than regular pancakes, moist and slightly custardy, actually, with a very pleasant light vanilla taste and a slight lemony tang to boot.

Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes

1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
6 oz vanilla non fat yogurt ( I used Stonyfield Farm)
1 tsp baking powder
2 T sugar

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix with fork until blended and lump free.
Spray a griddle or skillet with cooking spray or use oil. When it's hot, pour about 3 T batter for each pancake. When the top begins to bubble, turn over, and cook until browned on the bottom.

Serve with syrup or fruit of your choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home